Hello from an Italian guitar lover!

Hello everyone!
I am Gabriel and finally joined the forum, but I am a long time follower of the amazing Cracking the Code videos!
First of all a personal thanks to Troy and the crew…you really connected back to my personal love for the early Malmsteen shredding as something possible and not anymore a complete mistery.
I am mainly a metal/rock and flamenco player, not professionally, but guitar is a huge amazing emotional journey for me!
Started playing 21 years ago, almost stopped 9 years ago when I started working, then discovered flamenco guitar and then here!
I hope I can discuss and share with you a lot different aspects!
Not only technique, but also composition and the internal/emotional/psychological aspect.
Also videogames music can contain killer licks!

Currently living in New York, game developer and looking forward to talk!
Gabriel

1 Like

Hi and welcome :slight_smile:

Totally true! Lately I’ve been listening to some NES era music. There are some pretty cool things there. (Currently I’m mostly interested in non-functional harmony. To use your words, it has a very substantial internal/emotional/psychological effect on me.) Not even speaking about video game soundtracks of current times :exploding_head:

Wow, a game developer! That sounds so awesome even though I don’t really play games. Still, I’m intrigued by game developing :blush:

As Italian, tell me: why the heck every time I see an Italian guitar player on youtube, he/she is able to shred beyond the limitations of laws of nature? (not much exaggeration :smiley: ) Seriously. Was Jesus a shredder and now you all assimilate his shredding powers just because you live close to Vatican city? I’d call that cheating! :rage:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, thanks for joining!

Awesome, look forward to conversations on any of these topics…also, feel free to share some favorite video game music if you like :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks Brendan!
Definitely excited and happy by the sheer amount of informations I can found here.
you are amazing :smiley:

1 Like