Hello from Brazil

Hi there, I’m Raoni writing to you from Florianópolis, Brazil.
I started as a member last month and so far have been enjoying everything a lot.
I started playing Guitar when I was 16 yo. But at 20 I stopped and only returned last year, 10 years later. Only In the last couple of months that I actually dedicated myself to practicing everyday because I joined a band.
I am very eclectic, from blues, jazz, country, MPB, hip hop, electronic… but I always go back to Rock and metal as the main genres that I like the most.
I learned pretty much by myself, my father only showed me a few chords and from there I looked after magazines and transcriptions. Only took 1 year of classes when I was 19 that helped to clean a lot of noise and develop a few basic techniques.

Like Troy, for some reason I learnt trailing edge picking and have been using it all this time up to last month when I stumbled upon this site. Since then I’ve been trying to change and it feels like I’m actually improving. Still my sweep picking is not very good, so I avoid it. I never got to a high speed, currently my fastest picking is about 130, in 1234 exercises. Single string I can go up to 180-200 but much more inconsistent.

I’m in the middle of Primer and also watching the youtube series masters in mechanics, really enjoying so far! I’m currently without any gear to actually record a decent take, but when things arrive I’ll try to record me playing to get feedback on my motions.

Excited for the road ahead!