Hello from Croatia

Hej everyone.

Just wanted to say hi. My name is Hrvoje and I found this site after years of not playing, at least 6. Before that I was playing for around 10 years with a band around Croatia. I was never really a fast player, no matter how hard I tried. I love lick and sings from Zakk Wylde, EVH, Paul Gilbert, Metallica etc. Mostly playing rock and metal. I was always in a search for playing fast, but never really broke past 100 - 120 bpm
16th notes and I remember that i praticed on months on end the scales licks, but something always held me back. And even now I dont know what to do. Tommorow I am planning to post the critique video, so I can get some help on what I am doing wrong. I can tremolo pick very fast in different positions, but as soon as I have to play something, like 2nps pentatonic, my favorite sound, I cannot do it faster then 120 at my best days. I picked up the guitar again and feel invigorated and excited to play again and have great motivation, and will give it again my all to improve. I was always self learned at guitar, never had any instructors, and learned everything over the net watching videos. Playing slow licks feels good, and get good tones from guitar when i play slower stuff like intro for still got the blues, but the speedpicking always eluded me.

Well that is it from me, looking forward to spending more time with you guys

Let me know if you have any questions

1 Like

Hello from Canada! You have arrived at the right place, any speedpicking question you have will be answered, probably more than once. Posting video will get you better answers, welcome aboard!

1 Like