Hello From East Texas

Hello, I am 2daysoldrndirt, just ask my 2nd wife. She informed me when we met that I had 2 faults, first I was little, and second I was old. That was 35 years ago, now I am just more guilty on both counts. In 15 days I will celebrate my 75th birthday, and I am going to learn to play the guitar, come whatever. I don’t have many years left to learn, & right now I cant play a lick. I am looking at a long journey and a short calendar.
In whatever time I have left I want to make sure I put some miles on all my guitars, then my kids can figure out who gets which ones. I look forward to getting to know y’all shortly, for now, God bless everyone here.

1 Like

You’ve come to right place for picking technique!
Welcome aboard!!

1 Like

Howdy!
I think that world needs a few more 75 year olds like you!

What style of guitar playing are you looking to play?

1 Like

My favorites are country and blues.

2 Likes

Welcome! I’m from Houston and folks from Austin are here too…never too late to learn man!

Thank you, Sir. Hopefully I still have a few years to learn all I can.

2 Likes

Thank you, Sir. I spent 18 years living about 1/2 way between you and Austin, I lived in Victoria until my health turned bad and I came to Palestine for medical attention and ultimate retirement here. I have resided in Texas for the past 45 years and loved every minute of it.

1 Like

Welcome, Right back at ya!!

-OP