Hello from Germany

Hey y‘all,

I’ve been sticking around here quite a while, learning lots from @Troy , @Brendan , the team and you, the other dedicated forum members.

I’ve been playing guitar for a few years now. In my earlier days, I started drumming but after a while I got into playing guitar because I started listening to and playing songs not only from the drummer’s rhythmic perspective but the harmonic and melodic as well. I did not REALLY focus on soloing that much for many years (I felt not being able to do so (read below)) because around that time guitar has not been my main instrument but thanks to CtC it is now.

I realized that struggling with my bad technique, stumbling across strings like hurdles on and on for years and years to come ain’t the desired path I want to go from now on.

As I see now there seems a way out that valley of desperation (I hope to find it as well), so one of my aims and goals is being able to play ideas and scales that come to my mind fluently - I already lost too many frustrating years only being able to play “rhythm” guitar but going nowhere else by trial and error - more error, to be honest. I spent hours and hours without getting any better having hit that infamous wall many times without any further success.

Thanks to you guys I definitely made a big leap forward - and the journey goes on :slight_smile:

1 Like

Herzlich Willkommen :wink:

Gruß, Thomas

1 Like

Welcome and thanks for joining! Cool to bring the multi-instrumentalist perspective, and I’ll bet there are others here with similar experience :slight_smile:

Definitely feel free to search around, and/or start up a new discussion at any point to talk technique, musical topics, post video for feedback, whatever! And if there’s anything we can help with let us know.

1 Like

Vielen Dank und thank you, guys :grinning: