Hello from Japan!

Hi guys, my name is Jason and I’m an old metalhead living in Japan! A long time ago I was actually in an Okinawan metal band and toured around Japan, so that was cool.

I ran across Cracking the Code on YT just surfing around, but the cartoon image of MAB from Speed Kills certainly caught my eye! I had always admired (and feared) that level of technical ability!

I was blown away by the quality of the video, and I decided to join up. It came at a fortuitous time, because I’m starting up a new band and I’d like to improve my self-taught chops.

I’m having a great time so far, working on the Volcano series and have been putting in some solid work on the Pop Tart lick!

Well, that’s me - nice to meet everyone and I wish great success and happiness to all!

7 Likes

Welcome! It’s a great community here, I think you’ll really enjoy yourself!

2 Likes

Konichiwa :smiley: hope you enjoy your stay!

I was pretty much captivated by the cartoon images myself! Troy really knows how to grab attention by creating engaging yet informative and detailed content.

1 Like

Welcome aboard!! Enjoy!!

1 Like

Hello Jason,

welcome to the community!

I was in Tokyo last year and I went to the guitar street in Ochanomizu. That was heaven to me! I would love to visit again.

Cheers \m/