Hello from Minnesota!

Greetings from Rochester Minnesota-

Long time player here, joining in an effort to increase my fluidity and speed - I strongly suspect that I have years of bad habits to break, undo, and re-learn…but I’m committed to doing so.

Some of my influences are BFG, Eddie, and Stevie Ray, but I’m a huge fan of Lynch, Rhoades, Sykes, and others. From a different direction, I’m also a fan of Paisley, Urban, Gill, and some of the really fast, articulate country pickers.

Guitar has been a life-long journey for me, and I really embrace learning - it is my hope that this site and forum will help me take things to the next level.

Regards!

3 Likes

Hi Graybeard65,

Welcome to the forum, we have very similar tastes!
You’ve definitely come to the right place to get your technique to the next level.

Sid.

2 Likes

Sounds like we might have some favorites in common. Do ya like Chet Atkins?

2 Likes

Thanks Sid - I appreciate the welcome!

1 Like

I do! One of the habits that I think I’ll have to work on is my fall-back position of chicken pickin’ when I start to pick up speed!

I suspect that’s pretty typical. I started doing more hybrid picking a few years back and it changed (for the better) the way I pick. I’m definitely what Troy would surely call a pronator. lots of air under my pinky heel. It’s great for some stuff.

my problem with speed is that I’m just not fast. And I suspect I won’t ever be like Marty or Uli or my other favorites in that realm just because my left hand isn’t even that fast.

still, there’s a lot to learn here. I’ve already gotten my money’s worth from the pick slanting primer!

1 Like