Hello from Ohio

Hello, Everyone! I have been playing since Van Halen’s first album came out (I was very young, lol). it was kind of a neat time to start, because I was into Kiss and picked up the guitar, then I heard Eddie and really got serious like so many other players did my age. It was really cool because it seemed like an amazing player was changing the game every year. I then heard Randy and Holdsworth and got pretty good at the more legato style…but when I heard Yngwie in Alcatrazz and I could not believe what I was hearing…sort of like Troy in the one video clip, lol. I heard Island in the Sun on the radio and when the solo came on and I was blown away! So I started working on my picking like crazy. With no videos to watch I just came up with a way that worked for me. Soon after, all the Shrapnel guys came out and I was hooked on that style, lol. Vinnie Moore, Tony Macalpine, Di Meola and all those guys were my heroes as well as Schenker and Blackmore.

I have played an electric for many years, but now I have been having a lot of fun playing that kind of stuff on my nylon string. I play around the area doing a solo thing…playing songs and improvising over loops and stuff.

I am really enjoying reading and watching everything on here. Such a cool place to learn stuff and get inspired for all the great playing on here. It is nice to be part of the group here! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Bill !!! :slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face:

:bear:

1 Like

Hello, Hank! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good to meet you, Bill. I don’t pull my acoustic out very often, but it would be a hoot to play some insane runs on nylon strings for the family or at a holiday party!

1 Like

Good to meet you on here, Wahoo! :slight_smile: