Hello from Poland

Hey! I’m Michael and finally I am happy to join cracking the code!
I’m (Thats my discovery in last 3 weeks) mainly upward pickslanter.
Which right now makes sense why I can play some lines fast and precise (after analyzing what technique i really use) and some lines are just falling apart at higher speed.

After watching few videos from cracking the code on Youtube I decided to join as a member and go thru Pickslanting Primer. My main topic is downward pick slanting right now. I want to know how much can I change about my playing, how much can i improve.

I’ve been playing guitar for maybe 11 or 12 years however I haven’t seen big progress in my playing level for few years. It might be smoother, more on point… However fast lines I learned during first 3-4 years are my main weapon.
Right now I work at local radio station as sound tech/sound engineer. Sometimes I work as live sound engineer, mixing engineer or sideman (had a chance to play few songs with Bonnie Tyler last year - not that the songs are challenging in any way). So I’m 100% around music all the time.
Right now I’m recording 3 albums with 3 different bands (going from glam rock to depressive rock, symphonic metal). If You would like to hear some playing check this one maybe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwZq77kVfuQ

I hope I can get some knowledge from this forum as well as share some experience i have!

2 Likes

Cool. I’m old enough to remember Bonnie Tyler (played constantly on the radio when I was a little guy). Is her voice still awesome? Welcome to guitar technique nerville.

1 Like

Thegent - I believe it is. As an 80’s music fan, I really enjoy her songs and it was like somehow going back in time! Of course she looks and sounds different now compared to 80’s-90’s. Anyway, it’s always cool to perform on really huge stage with the top production team! Especially when You compare that to playing club somewhere for 5-10 people, with crappy PA, no monitors…And that happens a lot :smiley:

1 Like

Amazing. I used to live in Warsaw from 97 to 03! Some of my best childhood memories were in your country.

1 Like