Hello from Texas

Hello from Texas (Please don’t instantly hate me, because I live in such a horrible state :slight_smile: - not my choice, it’s a haven for IT - my career)

Troy, I found you from Tyler’s ultimate jam video. That was an incredible jam collaboration. Your playing was immaculate and I instantly subscribed to your youtube channel. I’m about to turn 48, but I started playing when I was a young teenager and played daily until my early 30’s. I put the guitar down for several years to pursue high speed driving, but after two surgeries to resolve bone on bone issues in my left big toe, I’ve had to give it up. Now I’m back to my original passion, playing and recording. I picked the guitar back up about 6 months ago and I’m trying to absorb all the knowledge and techniques I can find and re-hone my skills. It’s going to be a long road back, but I’m loving everything I’m learning and really enjoying practicing again.

I just watched your Mike Stern’s Fat Time Arpeggio and I have to say I’m a huge fan! I love the way you articulate ideas and how they fit into theory. I’ll be spending several hours a week working on this alone. I’m so glad I found you and this site. I’ll try to contribute at some point, but I’m going to be in sponge mode for a while. Thanks again - happy to be here.

5 Likes

Hey, sorry for delayed welcome but wanted to say thanks for joining the forum! Hope you’re finding some useful discussions on here so far. Glad you found us :slight_smile:

1 Like