Hello from the Deep South!

Hi friends! Now that we got bounced in the first round, my football season is over and my guitar season begins again! I’m a history teacher and coach in South Carolina and started playing over thirty years ago soon after I heard Van Halen’s “Fair Warning” album. I began as an EVH guy but was lucky enough to grow up in the 80’s so I’m a big fan of all the gunslingers of the time: DiMartini, Lynch, Rhoads, Vai, etc. I’m also a huge fan of guys like Robin Trower, Ty Tabor of King’s X, and Eric Johnson, guys who are tone chasing monsters (players, too). I came upon YJM a bit later but am amazed by how much he has influenced my playing over the last couple of years. My playing ability had plateaued years ago but I recommitted myself and after getting into Yngwie, I was fortunate to stumble upon THE CODE! Love, love, love your work Troy and the methodical examination and illumination of the techniques and processes of my heroes. It forced me to examine my own techniques both good and bad and I can honestly say I am playing better than at anytime in my life and it is thanks to you! Glad to be a member!

5 Likes

Bit belated but welcome to the Cracking the Code forum! Great to have you here and hope you’re enjoying the discussions so far. Let us know if you have any questions. And feel free to post a video to #technique-critique if you’d like feedback on any aspect of your playing.

1 Like