Hello from Turnersville, NJ

Hello People,

Looking forward to learning tightening up my technique. In my 60’s. Play in a Classic Rock/R&B Band.

Charlie D

3 Likes

Hey Charlie, welcome! All kinds of great discussions here on the forum (feel free to browse / search for any topics you’re interested in!) and this section on the site has some helpful info when it comes to getting started with technique and motion:

Let us know if there’s anything we can help with :slight_smile:

Hey Brendan,
Thanks for the starting point. After going through the Guide I’m figuring out my next step. I’m most comfortable with DWPS. Yngwie or Eric J? I’m more of a classic rock guy. What do you think? Does it matter where I go in Pickslanting Primer or do we go in order?

Charlie D

Whichever you prefer! You could watch through both the Eric and Yngwie sections of the Primer in just a couple hours, then try the seminars if you want more detail on either (the Volcano and Cascade seminars are expanded versions of the Primer sections on Yngwie and EJ respectively). Basically once you grasp the fundamentals of how the techniques work, order doesn’t really matter once you get into applications. But as always if there’s anything we can clarify further just let us know!

Opps. Had a question but I see the answer is posted already. Thx

1 Like