G here from just outside of Sunny Swansea. Been playing for nearly 15 years (but had guitars for a long time - stopped playing as much a few but now Im now just turned 40 (oh the shame) I really want to crack the alt picking thing which has avoided me all this time. I doubt anyone will read this but for the hell of it…
Where are you in your guitar journey?
- How many years have you been playing - 15 - 25 (depends which way you look at it!)
- What musical genres are you interested in? - Metal but Im playing in a function and covers band so I want to bring some shred fury to the solos I do get
- Particular things you’re excited to learn / talk about here? - I really want to learn the style of alt picking, cross picking and get some chops. I know speed isnt everything but Id love to get some clean licks!
How have you gone about learning guitar so far?
- Self-taught? Regular lessons with a teacher? Both? - Lessons and online/books
- Have you spent much time on technique before finding our stuff? - about 25 years…
- What Cracking the Code material have you watched? - The Pick Slant Primer
- Can you comfortably play a scale? At roughly what speed? I can do the traditional major scale and 3NPS at about 150 8th Notes but not pushed to see how fast I can do
- Any particular things you find yourself stuck on? - Alt picking…