Hello from Wales, UK

G here from just outside of Sunny Swansea. Been playing for nearly 15 years (but had guitars for a long time - stopped playing as much a few but now Im now just turned 40 (oh the shame) I really want to crack the alt picking thing which has avoided me all this time. I doubt anyone will read this but for the hell of it…

Where are you in your guitar journey?

• How many years have you been playing - 15 - 25 (depends which way you look at it!)
  • What musical genres are you interested in? - Metal but Im playing in a function and covers band so I want to bring some shred fury to the solos I do get
  • Particular things you’re excited to learn / talk about here? - I really want to learn the style of alt picking, cross picking and get some chops. I know speed isnt everything but Id love to get some clean licks!

How have you gone about learning guitar so far?

• Self-taught? Regular lessons with a teacher? Both? - Lessons and online/books
  • Have you spent much time on technique before finding our stuff? - about 25 years…
  • What Cracking the Code material have you watched? - The Pick Slant Primer
  • Can you comfortably play a scale? At roughly what speed? I can do the traditional major scale and 3NPS at about 150 8th Notes but not pushed to see how fast I can do
  • Any particular things you find yourself stuck on? - Alt picking… :frowning:
4 Likes

Hello and welcome from rainy Manchester.

1 Like

Welcome aboard. I’m Canadian, but one of my grandparents was born and raised in Cardiff.

1 Like

Welcome, thanks for joining :slight_smile: Lots of good stuff here, please make yourself at home, try a search for any topics of interest, and let us know if we can help with anything!

Hi man,

Thanks for that. I’m waiting for pay day then im going to subscribe for abit. I’ve watched the free things on YouTube and the slanting stuff and I’ve done a few things that Ben Eller has put out on pick slantings. I just don’t want to be the n00b who says “where do I start?” Without having had a look myself.

1 Like

sounds familiar! never give up