Hello from wyoming

Hi team, just joined and it is cool so far. i have been playing for 30 years. After watching some of the videos it looks like I have been using many of these methods already without knowing it. I look forward to learning more…

3 Likes

Welcome to the Forum Kip!

Hey, you aren’t Kip Winger are you? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Back in the day, there was a bass player at my school who was obsessed with Kip Winger. A few years later, I was alway reminded of that guy when Beavis and Butthead would rip on Winger.

1 Like

I kind of feel bad for how much shit Winger gets. They are one of the most technically proficient of the “hair” bands. Reb Beach is one of the top tappers, he’s up there with Michael Romeo, Vito Bratta, EVH, Stanley Jordan, and Chris Broderick for me.

1 Like

I think a big part of it was just timing. Similar thing with Danger Danger. If their debut albums had come out 3 years earlier, they’d be remembered way differently. Winger in particular sort of became the poster child for the most easily ridiculed aspects of 80s rock, essentially because they arrived in the public eye after the backlash against the genre had started to take hold.

1 Like