Hello, teacher/player from Boston

Oh hi, made a few posts before realizing there was an intro subforum.

My name is Jake Estner, I’m a teacher and player from Boston, MA. You can see/hear a lot of my playing clips on my instagram account at www.Instagram.com/JakeEstner and I post a little bit on my youtube channel, but intend to do more there in the future.

I mostly play “jazz-influenced” music, a lot of unaccompanied guitar playing actually, but Troy/Cracking the code stuff has been extremely helpful in helping me problem solve a lot of picking technique issues both for myself and for my students even though my music doesn’t have a lot of blazing runs in it. I also just think this stuff is incredibly interesting!

Since I might practice (and teach) a wide variety of musical concepts, I’m always interested in the most efficient ways to solve problems, especially for technique, because I know that spending 5 hrs a day practicing scales and arpeggios just isn’t realistic for myself or my students.

Happy to be here and continue supporting CTC, Troy, and the team.

2 Likes

Welcome Jake! Great to have you here. FYI we also made a category/subforum for all things pertaining to musical learning and pedagogy, #teachers-lounge — not tons there yet but we’re eager to learn from the experiences of the many teachers here, and collectively figure out some useful knowledge when it comes to making all this stuff easier to learn. See you around the forum :smile:

2 Likes