Hey peeps new subscriber here wanted to intro myself

hey guys im a guitarist whos had alot of ups and downs of the years with keeping things consistant in terms of personal progress and practice but i have studied at a few uk universities and i have amassed alot of theory and teaching qualifications but ive always felt that my technique has never been up to par with where id like it to be with my ear. if that makes sense. so i thought id sign up to cracking the code as i had previously bought some of the products and its decent analysis of picking technique has made me curious but i havnt yet been able to fully adopt them so i wanted to come here for extra clarity and progression. i also hope to make a few friends along the way as im sure that i can offer alot of knowledge in one area and other guys on here could give me insights into other areas that i am currently lacking. sharing is caring afterall but yeh a formal introduction, my name is nick, i have been playing guitar since i was 17 which was late for most but i have a huge growth spurt in the first three years then i got bogged down with study and concepts for the next 10 of which im still digesting from what ive learnt at uni.

the musical genres im most interested in are 60s beatnick stuff, 70s funk/disco, 80s metal and power metal. 80s hip hop/ the early blues stuff like the three kings and later into hendrix and then more psychadelic rock like floyd and santana and moving into things like the chilli peppers, zappa and instrumental guitarists such as vai, blues sarenceno, satriani, andy timmons. and then i have an electetic interest in world music such as latin/ ancient chinese/ japenese orchestras and composers in avant garde settings.

but to bring it into what im excited to learn about here is that i want to be able to bring my ability as a guitar play to that of which i have in my mind. my mind is always much faster than what im able to play physically and it causes deep frustration with me sometimes and i want to gradually work my way through that on this forum and with the materials available.

another pain point i have is playing over changes and making it sound like im talking rather than keeping up with the changes i find that i know formulaicly how things are supposed to go and im following with it but i still need to make it sound musical. and i feel if i fix the technique aspect of my playing that will come more freely to me.

but anywho i hope that gives you a brief introduction to who i am and why i am here i hope to make some new guitar nerd friends and exchange ideas. :slight_smile:

hope to hear from you soon

Nick

1 Like