Hi all Atticus here, I want to master my right hand!

Been playing awhile and my right hand has always been sloppy. I’m finally addressing this once and for all and looking forward to learning from the site and from everyone.

2 Likes

How many years exactly have you been playing and what is your favorite style of music to play on guitar?

1 Like

Welcome! I think you’re in the right place :slight_smile: Let us know if we can help point you to anything in particular to get started. And of course feel free to post here if you get stuck or have specific technical questions we may be able to help with!

1 Like

hey off an on I’ve been playing 15 years. I spent most of that time playing blues rock ala GNR but I want to learn how to shred. I love a lot of genres, blues, country, metal, fusion, classic and modern prog metal. :slight_smile:

That’s very cool! I love Guns 'n Roses, especially Appetitie For Destruction and the two Use Yur Illusion albums. “Estranged” is their most underrated song! My favorite GNR song of all is “Rocket Queen.” What a killer main riff and such amazingly clever lyrics!

Yes! How about you? What brought you here?

Who do you guys recommend I check out here to work on my alt picking?

What brought me here is I was fascinated by the idea of using a slow motion camera to analyze exactly how the guitarists with world class technique were moving their picks! The Cracking The Code company is truly a pioneer in their field.

To work on your alternate picking I strongly suggest you focus on 2 way pick slanting. The Anti-Gravity section of Masters Of mechanics is excellent for that, especially Michael Angelo Batio.

thanks man I’ll check them out! I wish Troys kickstarter fund pushed through for the magnet. I sure could use that to accurately track my technique.

Troy used a kickstarter fund? What did he fund with it?

https://troygrady.com/2014/11/24/introducing-the-magnet/

four years ago!

1 Like