Hi All (from Germany)!

Hi,

i just discovered Troy Gradys Videos on youtube after feeling stuck in my playing for a while now. It seems very holistic to look at all mechanics involved in guitar playing and for me that’s a new and interesting perspective! Although I’m not sure if this is the right place for me, because almost all user videos I see seem way advanced in comparison to the stuff I’m playing.

I’ve been playing for about 22 years (38 years old), mostly self taught with a long off period and started getting back into it about 2 years ago. I’m taking lessons for a while now and even joined my first band 1 year ago! That was the best decision ever and I should have done that a long time ago. But better late than never!

My recent milestone was the Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb Solo which I enjoy playing very much. It seemed pretty fast to me at the time but comparing it to all the stuff you guys are sharing here its almost slow motion.
After learning that solo I thought why not give some other “fast licks” a try, i’ve been struggling with a certain, seemingly easy Pentatonic-Run for almost a year now. I have played it countless times, tried to play it really clean and then increase the BPM but I never got close to 100bpm 16th notes.

Here is the Lick:

I’ve been playing some of “Steve Vais Guitar Workout” practices every day for a while now. I play the with a metronome and try to increase bpm slowly.

I worked through the primer and was wondering if there is a section somewhere with concrete practical exercises?

I’m not even sure where my technique is lacking… it seems I have some trouble with hand synchronization since tremolo picking on one string one note seems pretty fast and fluent but when other notes or even strings get involved I’m thrown off…

I’ll post in Video in the technique critique section for an initial assessment. Thanks for taking the time to read this, it got quite long :slight_smile:

4 Likes