Hi everyone, a LEFTY here! I'm so excited to be part of this community!

Hello everyone,

I want to start giving a huge thank you to Brendan, Troy and company for assisting me with a scholarship. I’ve been lurking for some time and I was humbled by Brendan’s support (customer service).

My name is Eddi and I’m been playing guitar since my senior year of high school. I’m also a left handed player. I was a bit a troubles teen and guitar changed everything. I was obsessed and did nothing but practice. With the time being spent practicing my skills naturally improved.

This was about 3 to 4 years in.

Did the band thing for awhile while I was in college and I had a lot of fun. I got married and responsibilities took over. For some reason, I lost the passion. Instead of practicing to improve I would just doodle around for an HR or so and would not touch my guitar for weeks. I did this for about 8 years, one of my biggest regrets. 3 months ago something clicked and i have the same drive I had when I started. Unfortunately it’s been a challenge since due to adult responsibilities. I’ve actually developed a weird anxiety after taking the time off to the point where I’ve frozen and cannot play.

Here’s a current video of where I’m at right now. I’ve gone from enjoying mental and players such as petrucci, Hammett (lol), Marty Friedman, synister gates. I’ve shifted into fusion like style from greats such as Govan, Martin Miller, Keven Eknes, amongst others.

I’m really excited about improving as musician and understand my instrument better (theory). I’ve been watching Troy’s videos for some time and they’ve been so helpful. I love the seeing someone use a scientific approach to guitar. I’ve been messing around with pickslanting but I’m still trying to figure it out (lefty and brain gets confused lol). I just saw the interview with Martin Miller and I loved it. I can’t wait to start checking out other things.

I’ve been working on learning the emotion behind notes, a huge challenge for me. I look forward to meeting all of you and continue my journey to become a better musician.

Sorry for the long rant, I’m just so excited about this.

Eddi

2 Likes

Hey man! Thanks for signing up. Let us know how we can help.

1 Like

Hi Troy, thank you so much for the warm welcome and everything you do! I greatly value your work and I’m excited to start implementing your concepts! Cheers!