Hi everyone! Markus here from Finland

I’m 35 years old and been playing guitar for 20 years, but more “in depth” for bout 10.
I am also a mixing and mastering engineer and i have my little home studio.
I’m in two bands, play guitar in metal band HMS Keelhaul and i sing lead vocals and play lead guitar in our trio the Reibans. Google them if you want to hear my work.
Found Troy’s videos recently and found them very helpful, i tend to pick like Paul Gilbert, with an upward pickslant and i avoided downstrokes when switching strings. I found the downward pickslant helpful and i have been working on that lately to break free from only upstroke string-changes when playing fast alternate picking.
Things are going well for that now!
There are also some licks with tabs on my instagram channel, by the username MAAKEUNLIMITED

I play metal, rock and blues mostly.
My heroes are PauL Gilbert, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Yngwie Malmsteen, John Petrucci to name a few.

I wan’t to connect with guitar players! Hit me up if you want to talk or change ideas!

4 Likes

Hey, welcome to the forum! Take a look around and let us know if you have any questions :slight_smile: Lots of good stuff here; you can use the search feature in the upper right to find conversations on particular topics, and feel free to start a new one at any time. This is a good place to start too:

1 Like