Hi from Germany

Hi,

my name is Jens and I am 52 years old. I started playing the guitar as a 3rd Instrument in 2011 and am trying to get to some decent level of playing ever since.

I had some breaks due to life stuff or other priorities but never completely gave up. I never played guitar in a band but I played Drums and Sax. I am interested in improvising and blues / jazz stuff but thats far away for me. (of course I can jam some pentatonic but in the end I feel it always sounds the same)

I am self taught, Tom Hess toxicated and currently working through Justin Sandercores stuff, which to me seems to be a great learning resource.

As I live in a small town, live guitar lessons are not that easy to get, at least at a quality level. Still I would love to have someone look over my playing in a live session and point me into a direction, so I might choose to get to the next bigger town for that.

Despite that I a normal guy, 2 (almost grownup) kids, gamer and home cooked food lover with a strong interest in anything music, science and art.

Its great to be here!

5 Likes

Welcome to the Forum Jens!

I am also a fan of Justinguitar, one of the best teachers on Youtube! Have a look around and let use know if there’s anything we can help you with :slight_smile:

1 Like

Grüße aus Köln!

Greetings from Cologne!

Greetings Jen all the way from Ireland.

Wish you the best of luck on your CtC journey.

Wayne