Hi from the West Midlands in the UK

Hi everyone,

Am deciding to take the plunge having watched the excellent Cracking the Code series on YouTube and sign myself up - like many of us, I’m frustrated with the ceiling I’ve hit and I hope engaging with the content here will help show the way to the next level.

• How many years have you been playing? - 20 this year

• What musical genres are you interested in? - hard rock, blues, prog, metal, fusion, pop

• Particular things you’re excited to learn / talk about here? - first of all want to find out if my basic stance is holding me back e.g. how I stand, the way I am holding the pick, angle of my wrist etc.

• Self-taught? Regular lessons with a teacher? Tabs and books to start, a handful of theory lessons a few years back

• Have you spent much time on technique before finding our stuff? Yes, maybe not enough? Maybe doing the wrong things

• What Cracking the Code material have you watched? The Series and a few other bits of material on YouTube

• Can you comfortably play a scale? At roughly what speed? Not sure - will have to try and develop the vocabulary to describe whatever it is I’m doing!

• Any particular things you find yourself stuck on? Not tensing up when trying to play fast, accuracy

All the best

Dave

1 Like

Hi there! Looking forward to seeing some technique critique posts from you!

Hi there,welcome to the site,loads of good people and info on here,your reasons for being here sound very similar to mine!
Oh,and nice to see another UK member.:grin:

1 Like

Looking forward to engaging with the wider Cracking the Code community and getting the insightful pointers on what I’m doing wrong!

1 Like

Yep, a long road travelled so far but it’s time to actually start studying what I need to do rather than just getting frustrated all the time!