Hi, new member from Argentina

Hey, welcome to the forum! Posting here is a great way to help us get to know you. Below are a few suggestions to consider mentioning. (Nothing mandatory; please introduce yourself as you see fit!)

Where are you in your guitar journey? Im half way through.

• How many years have you been playing? Since 11 years, Im 40 now.
  • What musical genres are you interested in? Rock, Blues, Flamenco, Jazz, Pop.
  • Particular things you’re excited to learn / talk about here? Y would like to learn how to play faster.

How have you gone about learning guitar so far?

• Self-taught? Regular lessons with a teacher? Both? Both. Y started with a teacher for several years and later I ll became Self Taught.
  • Have you spent much time on technique before finding our stuff? Not really. Y dedicate most of t he time in composition stuffs with the guitar. Y never really spent much time on Technique. A few years ago y wanted to start with that but y couldn’t pass the wall of starting to became decent at fast playing.
  • What Cracking the Code material have you watched? Pickslanting Primer.
  • Can you comfortably play a scale? At roughly what speed? I know severals scales at all the neck. All positions Y play at a medium velocity. Y practice Bendings, Vibrato, Hammer on, Pull OfFs and all that stuff but now y want speed.
  • Any particular things you find yourself stuck on? With pick slanting material y have been trying deferents approaches but the most confortable ones seems to be te more ineffective. Y don’t know if this is right. If y hold the pick like y always do, that’s ok after seeing the material of Troys, y get a considerably amount of speed but that’s something stuck there. Y ll give the pick a little inclination for the stroke scape but that’s not enough. If y put my hand different an mostly put the pick in a more ¨slant way¨ the speed increase a lot because y don’t get caught in strings but the sounds is very muddy, its hard not to muted the strings and its weird. Y saw that y have to put the pick in a very slant way and for doing this y have to put my hand over the strings in a different way and hold the pick a little different, still in the trigger mode jajajaja. But I think that my main question here is slanting, how much slanting has the pick need to be. Y know all the things that y have need to do but y really don’t know if im doing it well. Meanwhile im trying different angles of slanting the pick, diferentes ways of holding the pick, different ways of putting the hand over the string like anchor. Y have noticed that y use te elbow rotation mostly so y practice wrist rotation.
    Thanks guys for letting me being part of that great community and apologize me for mi bad English.

Feel free to modify this template as you like, and delete any extra default text before posting. Thanks!

2 Likes

Che boludo, bienvenidos! Catamarqueño here. You might want to put up a short video of your picking. Had the same muting issue with the downward slant, try moving your hand a little back from the bridge. It takes a little practice to get used to.

2 Likes

Welcome, thanks for joining! Sounds like you’re still experimenting with finding a technique that’s both comfortable and effective, hopefully the motions sections of the Primer helps with this.

As Ian mentioned you’re welcome to post a video for critique too if you like. Please let us know if there’s anything else we can help with :slight_smile:

1 Like