Hi, this is Rafael Mayoral, new member

Hi to all,

I am taking the chance to explore Troy’s web page.

His videos are great. I am from those years when everything was a mistery.

Only VHS superficial videos.

Greetings from Mexico.

Rafael Mayoral.

4 Likes

Hey, welcome! Take a look around and let us know if you have any questions :slight_smile: Lots of good conversations here — you can try searching in the upper right for any topics you’re particularly interested in.

If you’re interested in sharing video for feedback at some point, the Getting Started guide on our site has some more info: Getting Started Guide – Cracking the Code

Thank you very much Brendan!!

Quick response.

I fact, one of my main interest is to fin a way to improve my alternate picking, and sincroniztion between left and right hand.

I am 47 years old.

I know all the Starlicks, Hot licks, REH videos, etc.

Troy material is great. Really “Crack’s the code!!”

Rafael Mayoral.

2 Likes

Hi Rafel, welcome to the forum! Don’t feel bad that all you had to learn from until recently were “VHS superficial videos.” After all, they guys who were so good that they were asked to participate in the making of those “superficial videos” had to learn how to play without even the benefit of those! Look at it from a positive frame of mind: BY having those videos you were already one up on the guys like Yngwie, Paul Glbert, and MAB who didn’t even have that when they were learning how to play! I believe having a positive mental attitude is more than half the battle in learning anything. Whether we’re talking about learning guitar, how to hit a baseball, or how to do martial arts, a positive mental attitude is crucial.

You are Totally right,

I give the wrong message.

I remember thouse years, and comparing thouse years to now (specially with Troy’s videos and material) is a big difference.

Also, I am a student of Paul Gilbert at Artistworks.com. And Paul Gilbert is a GREAT TEACHER.

So sorry about my wrong message, I am totally agree with you about positive attitude about learning guitar and music.

I am totally sure that I am going to learn a lot in this Troy’s Grady web page.

Best for you always.

Rafael Mayoral.