Hi to all from Italy!

Hi to all!

My name is Alex, I’m 34 and I’m from the Turin area in Italy.
I took classical piano lessons in a musical school from 1995 until 2005.
I’ve always wanted to play guitar but I never had the opportunity until 2008.

My main influences are Yngwie Malmsteen, Eddie Van Halen, Michael Schenker, Ritchie Blackmore, George Lynch, Randy Rhoads, Mathias Jabs, John Norum, Gary Moore, Paul Gilbert and a little bit of Vinnie Moore.
I want to add Jason Becker to the list but his songs are to another level for my actual skills.

I had a few bands, the last project was a Yngwie Malmsteen tribute one-man band, born to play in local shred fests.
I’m still taking lessons and studying to improve my technique and my musical knowledge, I’m here to find new motivations and ideas to work on.
From 2015 I started to record my own ideas and from a couple of years I’m decided to try to compose a solo album, but I find really hard to compose for all the instruments.

I hope to improve more and more!

These are a few of quite recent videos of me rehearsing Yngwie’ stuff and improvising.
I’m sorry for the low quality but I hope you will enjoy them!

Trilogy
Far beyond the sun
Improvisation 1
Improvisation 2

Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi Alex, welcome and thanks for joining! Glad you found us.

Ha, sounds like a fun experience! Cool to hear you’re working on an album as well. Hopefully you find some helpful ideas and inspiration here :slight_smile: Let us know if there’s anything we can help with as you explore the site!

1 Like