Holy shit I suck at this

Wow this has been a very humbling experience to realize how much I have spent the last 13 years doing what’s easy and not challenging. Just the first grouping of six on the intro with yngwie has me contemplating wtf have I been doing all these years. I have taken maybe 10 lessons in my life but I have a really good ear but legato has always been the go to “speed” choice but I long for the alternate pick skill. Surely I can’t be the only person to have discovered this flaw in the intro to this course but if anyone has some encouragement or ideas to get into the initial realm of alternate picking please share!!! Still love guitar but damn humbled entirely

3 Likes

I think alternate picking is very frustrating to build up (compared to legato), but feels very rewarding to start making progress. It took me a while to get to where I am happy with it, but I definitely don’t regret spending the time. Keep at it!

1 Like

Thank you I’ve made a legit promise to myself to keep at it and just make sure it’s not hurting anything and to make it fun this juice will be worth the squeeze.

1 Like

Humility is the 1st step to the path of technique mastery.

The EJ Cascade stuff is another really good starting point, and an alternative to the neoclassical Yngwie approach.

1 Like

I suck at this, too.

Welcome to the club!

3 Likes