How do we get in line for the next batch of magnets

I now genuinely find myself wondering if the significant technical advancements I’ve made in my guitar playing since my later 20s have been shaped by me having begun studying Jiu-Jitsu in the same time period.

It’s also possible that my professional and residential situations stabilizing, and me losing interest in video games resulted in more time for other pursuits, guitar and BJJ specifically. I couldn’t possibly say.

I also wonder if the way I approach teaching guitar has been more influenced by Ryan Hall’s Jiu-Jitsu instruction than any instructional materials made for guitar. Actually, the most viewed videos on my YouTube channel are videos of me teaching Jiu-Jitsu.

5 Likes

I had a feeling too much video games in my life recently was negatively impacting my guitar playing lol :pensive::pensive::disappointed:

2 Likes

Another guy here in the queue to buy a magnet

1 Like

Likewise, I’m definitely interested in buying one

1 Like

need magnet help im dying

1 Like

I missed the kickstarter and would definitely like to purchase one if extras are available.

2 Likes

Looks like they’re being flipped on reverb already.

https://reverb.com/item/63866465-cracking-the-code-troy-grady-the-magnet-2022-red

That’s a shame.

I can’t say I’m surprised.

Robbery. That’s what that is.

…and it sold ugh.

This is happening in ever facet of our lives right now. Look at how bad the dealerships are marking up Ford trucks from the MSRP.

I would love to give this person the benefit of the doubt and think maybe they were able to Crack the code themselves during the time between the kickstarter and the delivery. My glass is half full attitude has gotten me in trouble before though.

Should report him for price gouging. Isn’t it illegal outside of an auction type setting? Had it been an Ebay auction he might could get away with it better.

But it seems like at this point no one cares to even do anything, we are in some crazy times right now.

While it does seem appalling, its just free market capitalism at work…
Most price gouging laws apply exclusively to items essential to survival, such as food, water, and housing. And while most of us code crackers believe that alternate picking prowess is essential to survival, the courts would most likely disagree.

3 Likes

Troy could counter it by placing a few on each of these sites for that same price, would be the only way to thwart it.

Ha! Except…no lol! Since I had the great opportunity to work with Troy in a professional fashion last year I can say without hesitation that his integrity is top notch. Even though he’d be countering the scummy reseller(s), I don’t think he’d like the idea of charging other people an amount higher than what he’s deemed the magnets are worth.

1 Like

Yeah it is rather crummy, more like scummy, actually. He could try contacting reverb to see their response on the matter. He could go around it by having someone else do it on his behalf that works for the company, and in the description put that the price is high so we can thwart price gouging on this platform.

It’s also not at all unusual on Reverb. There are several well known boutique pedals with long wait times which are sold on Reverb for much higher prices than would be paid to the builder. The Analog.Man King Of Tone and Paul Cochrane’s Timmy being notable examples.

The wait time for the Magnet was admittedly long, and the future availability is still unconfirmed. As I said, I can’t say that I’m surprised.

1 Like

Reminds me of the people hoarding PS5s and then selling them for 2-3 times their initial price.

It sucks, but if you own something, I believe you should be able to do whatever you want with it, including selling it for a ludicrous price - you aren’t forcing a buyer to purchase it, and this is a luxury sort of item. That said, if such selling practices incur the ire of others, the seller has to accept that.

1 Like

Opinions of capitalism aside, I think it’s a clear sign that CTC should bring
more magnets to market. The demand is there.
C’mon Troy & Co. there is $$ to be made!
And more altruistically, mechanics to be mastered!

2 Likes

I doubt anyone bought these magnets with the intention to resell, so I wouldn’t get to upset.

It is frustrating to not hear anything about future magnets.