How do we get in line for the next batch of magnets

I can say that Troy and Adam are working day and night to make the magnet available asap!

6 Likes

At least one listing I saw said he bought 3 or 4, but only needs 2. So…yeah, people were ‘thinking ahead’ so to speak.

At the same time, I doubt the next batch will only be $50/each. To mold, assemble, ship in bulk and then re-ship to customers? Even with the tooling and R&D already done and paid for…that’s a low number to me.

Where we are headed a $50 will be the new $20. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

LOL, Sound like my Dad…how much was a gallon of milk when you were young?
:wink:

I can’t wait till the day I tell my son the stories!

“Back in '22, when we wanted a magnet, we had to walk 5 miles in the snow, uphill on both the way there and the way back. And they were $50!!! You can’t even buy a guitar pick for $50 nowadays”

2 Likes

werent candy bars like 50¢ like less than 10 years ago at walmart?

1 Like

Topic creep aside, I’d also like to be in line for one!

I’d like to be in line for a magnet as well. Also, I’m new, and there’s so much good stuff here! It has me very motivated to finally dig in and fix the mechanical issues with my picking.

1 Like

Would love it if there was some sort of preorder/waitlist available. Is there? There is quite a bit of mystique involved with getting one of these suckers.

Troy, it seems you are not taking advantage of a big demand for the magnets. This is a great opportunity for you to ramp up production and put them on your website store. Made in the USA and not China would be nice

:laughing: When I were a lad we lived in a cardboard box in the middle of the road, none of us had magnets and camera telephones, we had to use a broken mirror

We’re a very small team and swamped right now with other things. Right now, we’re still finishing up sending out the Kickstarter units. International shipping is complex, expensive, and packages get delayed or go missing. So we’ve been taking care of lots of odds and ends.

Once we’re done with that, we have to figure out how to set up the online store part of this, including shipping and taxes to various locations.

We’ll definitely get things up and running, and we have plenty of Magnets so that’s not an issue. In the mean time, just make sure you’re signed up to the mailing list, because that’s how we’ll notify when we’re ready.

Thank you!

9 Likes

Any progress updates?

3 Likes

Magnet schmagnet. What I really want is one of those hand knitted Upstroke/Downstroke arm warmers

Screenshot 2023-06-05 151929

6 Likes

Whats up with the Magnet these days …VERRRRRRY DISAPPOINTED !!!

2 Likes

Hi @Troy @Brendan @Adam

Just wondering if the magnet is any closer to being on sale? I live in the uk and it’s going to cost a fair amount to get the parts from shapeways sent to me. On top of that my diy skills are terrible and so I’d be worried I’d damage the parts trying to assemble/construct.

I am very close to buying the bits anyway as someone has offered to buy them for me as an xmas gift but i would want to spend the cash if the magnet was going to be released on sale in the near future.

Thanks guys

Tom

3 Likes

Not any time soon, if ever. Setting up a factory line is expensive and requires a certain amount of interest, as well as enough time on our side to do so. In the mean time, building one, or simply using a tripod, is your best bet.

1 Like

@Troy it still baffles me that these things don’t have more interest?? Ah well looks like I’ll be ordering the parts then :sunglasses:

1 Like

I know the crowd-sourcing didn’t fly but surely the rep has grown more since then? Go to China. The thing could be $30 and you’d still make a few bucks for your IP.

1 Like

Thing about the Chinese manufacturing industry is that there is an extremely high chance they will rip off Troy’s design and churn out crappy versions of the magnet.

2 Likes