How to download all clips or PDFs

I’m checking out the new Andy Wood Acoustic video clips. Awesomeness.

I’m a subscriber.

How do I download the whole package of PDFs for transcriptions? I can see how to do it 1 by 1.

Thank you!

Gumroad used to have a download to DropBox feature that I presumed took the load off of their servers. They seemed to think me weird for expecting that I might have an easy way to download my purchases at once, but having purchased a lot of much larger softwares and sample packs online, they just might not get it.

So, if you use your subscriber credit to purchase on the Gumroad side, that’s where I’ve downloaded from.

p.s. Yes, when viewing product on the Gumroad site, “Save to Dropbox,” is made available. Go to next layer of “View Product” and you’ll see the individual downloads.

I don’t think MiM members can download the clips at all, just the PDF files. From what I understand you have to buy the package if you want a copy of the videos on your hard drive for offline viewing.

Hey there @aliendough, I’m looking at a download button right now in Gumroad. Are you referring to the options from within Troy’s site, or what one has access to through the Gumroad interface once the “credit” for a given item has been applied?

To clarify: directly from troygrady.com, we only have download links on the individual clip pages.

However one bonus benefit we give to Masters in Mechanics subscribers is “credit” for the full download copy of each new thing we release while you’re a subscriber. So someone who signed up today for example would be able to get a download copy of the Andy Wood Acoustic interview (latest release) but not the rest of our library of download products.

Links to these show up in the “credits” section of your account, and then in “downloads” once redeemed / purchased via Gumroad.

It’s a little complicated as we’ve merged the legacy system (Gumroad) with the new custom subscription platform on troygrady.com. We still use Gumroad for download products, so we’ve linked things up as best we can so the Gumroad downloads are accessible via the new platform account. Eventually we may move all downloads to troygrady.com to simplify things!

FYI one other gotcha is that Gumroad’s “save to Dropbox” feature doesn’t really work for products with large total file size…so from the Gumroad product view you’ll want to download each file individually. Usually just a handful of video files + zip files so it’s a bit of extra clicking but shouldn’t take too long.

If anyone has further questions / suggestion about this download process definitely let us know, it’s something we’ll continue improving over time, gradually adding more and more custom functionality on our own site.

3 Likes