How two way pickslanters play pentatonic passages

Never saw Micheal Angelo batio play straight pentatonic shredding like Zakk Wylde or running up and down the pentatonic scale at fast tempo.
Since he is naturally an upward pickslanter, and if he start on downstrokes, he might be alternating between two pickslants,which appears exaggerating.Sort of like crosspicking.
Is there any way he might be doing like this.

Just because he may be a natural UPS, he still knows how to DWPS. So I suspect DWPS is what he’d choose… After all, he can do 2 way pick slanting so he’s capable of one way as well, either upward or downward pick slanting. Anyone who can do 2 way pick slanting is capable of using DWPS on pentatonic passages.

I would say that depends on the nature of your 2WPS technique. MAB does his downward “blips” just at the specific string change. I haven’t seen him turn his whole setup into DWPS. So my guess is that this would feel alien to him, although this is just speculation of course.

I based my post on the premise that someone like MAB who does 2WPS wouldn’t have a hard time stopping doing the upward slant when doing pentatonic licks adjust using the downward slanting pickstarokes… Also,
remember, even though he can do 2WPS, he sometimes chooses to slant in only one direction which is when he utilizes swipes. Therefore, I don’t thinking DWPS would be a problem for him, but as you said, this is just speculation :slight_smile: