How would you arrange a Min7 Sweep?

Like this?

Trying to work out some Maj7, Dom7, Min7 and Min7b5 arpeggio shapes without the hassle of two notes on multiple strings in the middle of the sweep. Anyone got any examples of how they do it? Or do you just the full thing? :slight_smile:

1 Like

The top 2 would be pretty unplayable for me :sweat_smile:

The bottom one is a shape/sound I like a lot for mindless noodling :slight_smile: Only difference is that I put the b7 on top instead of the root, so I don’t have to stretch!

I can do it in the comfort of my own home, live? That’s another question :laughing:

Ah yeah I know the one you mean! I’m having second thoughts about these shapes tbh, not sure if they capture the full essence of the chord I’m after. Thinking of switching to working within one octave over 3-strings and seeing how much mileage I can get moving that idea around :smiley:

I like the 2nps 7th arpeggios, starting from the 7th. So 7th , root, next string, 3rd and 5th. Then can go into the next octave.

I’ve not fully explored all the potential ways to play these arpeggios, I just found these shapes easy to get up to speed. Either swept, legato or single escape will all work

2 Likes

I’ll be honest, I think you’re way better off arranging them for economy picking. Rick Graham has tons of patterns for them.

2 Likes

Great video - Rick is amazing, as always!

Yeah you might be right, I was just thinking “What would Frank Gambale do?” :grin:

1 Like

Here’s what I came up with inspired by the first Rick Graham video:

I liked his approach of starting them from the 4th string and stuck to it for 3 out of the 4 shapes. Also like how it works out rhythmically the same as standard triad sweeps with six notes ascending and six notes descending, thanks for video suggestions! :smiley:

1 Like

No problem! He has a ton of those patterns, I’d just dig through more of his videos. Thanks to Rick I’m starting a lot more lines on the upstroke also, he does have some sweeping patterns starting on down stroke and what he does is drop to one note on the lowest string but I’m not sure where to find video(s) of him doing that.

1 Like

why avoid the consecutive 2nps?

Interesting fingering challenge though

off the top of my head, here are some Dm7 arpeggios that technically do not have any consecutive 2nps: