I am new to this website

Hello, I just signed up here and this is a nice website for learning a lot of great guitar and stringed instrument techniques. A great supplement to my playing and learning. The free lessons alone will keep one busy for a long time and I don’t see a need to rip right through the lessons. I can stay on one or two bars and learn that until it becomes muscle memory. My guitar journey has led me to create some interesting music as well as publish some compositions online. I’ve been playing guitar since 1986 and haven’t been a formal student in a long time; although I have studied music theory in high school and excelled at a collegiate level. That was a long time ago and now I learn naturally and by ear. Learning music theory has helped me understand what I am playing. I like mostly heavy metal and that covers all generations, sub generations and off the charts stuff. Also, I like a lot of classic rock n’ roll from 60’s and up as well. A lot of classical, blues and country too. Basically, anything that has a guitar in it and sounds good. I enjoy talking about music theory and guitar techniques. I like gear reviews and techniques that show how to’s. How to set up gear for a video, recording, mixing and mastering, micing, re-amping, new technology and plug-ins etc… Thank you for having me here.

4 Likes

It’s quite hard to read your introduction in this format :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: all good now :wink:

1 Like

Welcome @Pineapple15! I just edited your post and removed the 4 spaces at the beginning of the paragraph -> that’s what made the text look like a shell script thingy.

FYI that function is very handy to type in some tabs: just put 4 spaces followed by a bunch of “-------” and it’ll look like so:

-0-3-5------
-0-3-5------

Ha. That’s embarrassing. I’ve been here a little over a year and I had no idea the trick for making tabs format nicely like that. I swear I learn something new around here just about every week, if not every day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yea, not sure there was even an option to adjust it. Seems like a Unix/Linux command prompt format or something? Looks like its fixed though.

Thanks Tommo,

I’ve never seen a format such as that. It was like typing into a drop box. Well, thanks for adjusting the format. Looks normal now.