I am Rob Flores

What’s up dudes. My name is Rob Flores. I’ve been playing guitar seriously for about 14 years now, I always had a guitar growing up but I was never interested in acoustic back then and I was forced to have one because “You learn on acoustic first”. I discovered Cracking the Code a LONG time ago, back when the site didn’t have any fully released content, I discovered it after discovering what cross picking was when I saw Andy Woods playthrough of Shredneck on JTC. I immediately messaged him on twitter to find out what the hell he was doing and now here we are 3-5 years later still banging my head on things trying to figure out and acquire fluid and clean high speed 1 NPS crosspicking. I’ve gotten pretty formidable at most other techniques this one is holding me up tho from becoming the guitarist I truly know I’m going to be. I’ll be posting in the technique critique section soon where you all can tell me how shit I am and what I can do to most quickly improve. Thanks for reading.

2 Likes

Hey Rob, welcome, thanks for joining! Glad you (re)discovered our stuff :slight_smile:

Have you gone through the Pickslanting Primer, particularly the wrist motion section? Lots of detail there we’ve been adding on how the motions work. More coming soon on forearm too. And tons of discussion here on the forum about crosspicking / double escape picking motion. Take a look around & definitely feel free to post to #technique-critique after you’ve gone through the motion tutorial material. Any questions just let us know!