I hope this works. First video post

I hope this works. I’m finding that single string patterns sound smoother than those where I change strings and I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. I’m sure there are quite a few points that can be improved…So if I recall correctly, Troy asked me to upload a single string clip, a string change clip, and a tremolo picking clip. Hopefully the audio works as I wasn’t plugged in to an amp. Late nights and all that. I’m hoping to get smoother and faster across the board. Any insight is appreciated.

Just FYI, this is the public TC area - if you meant to do the Masters in Mechanics one, look for it in your dashboard. That will guarantee Troy or Tommo seeing it, posting here does not.

That said, your second example (the pentatonic) is USX, but I don’t think you quite have that movement going on… the first few repetitions have pick displacement, and your left hand isn’t really locked in, either (there are some doubled notes, etc). DSX might come quicker with a few adjustments. Have you watched the latest wrist motion section in the Primer? If you haven’t, it could be worthwhile to try the motion demonstrated there, as it could smooth out the tremolo and then you’d be off and running.

2 Likes