I just wanted to show off my new usx movement

It feels 100x better than any of my previous attempts. It took me 3 years to finally find it, it started clicking about a month ago. I still have problems with string switching and tracking but for the first time I feel like I’ve found something that works.

8 Likes

So awesome! No pain happening on this variation?

It depends. There’s always a little bit of pain because of the golfer’s elbow thing, but when I stick to playing Yngwie licks on high e it feels really good and effortless. The volume of notes is consistent and the pick attack sounds like a machine gun. I have some problems with moving to different strings, sometimes upstrokes start to feel a little sticky, sometimes I feel like I’m barely hitting the string at all and can’t generate sufficent volume, especially on bass strings. Sometimes I feel like my movement changes a little to avoid hitting the strings with my index finger and then I usually start to tense up. I’m slowly figuring all that stuff out.
You can actually hear how the pick attack changes from machine gun to not so machine gun when I’m starting to move from high e to different strings. It sounds ok because it’s compressed by distortion, on clean channel there would be a lot of inconsistent volume though.

2 Likes

I’m super jealous :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Nice! That looks/sounds great

1 Like

@adamprzezdziecki awesome! That has such a nice flow and sound to it. You have inspired me to play around with USX and I have already noticed a huge difference in certain licks in particular!

Do you find it superior to DSX for single string licks? When experimenting just now I think for me it seems to be faster as well!

1 Like

If by superior you mean faster then yes, it’s faster than my DSX. Faster than I can sync my left hand when I go full speed actually. It has a different attack, way louder and more percussive.

1 Like

That sounds good, well done!

I’m just wondering how palm muting will work out, you’re not anchored around the bridge. Should be a minor adjustment. The stance looks very gypsy jazz!

1 Like

I’ll definitely try to compress it into gypsypicking.zip and do it more like Yngwie in the future, but for now I’ll stick to what works. It took me really long to find it, I feel like in my case the sweet spot where USX actually works is so small that any minor change can screw it up.

3 Likes

It will get less finicky soon, keep it up!

2 Likes

really glad to see you’ve not given up on this! I’ve made major improvements, too, but you’re flyin’ like Marty, dude! good work.

2 Likes