I think I’m in the right place!

Hey folks, excited to be part of this forum! I’ve been searching for a board like this for a few months now and I’m stoked to find so many like minded players.

I’ve been an off and on player since 2002, some shred, mostly metal and in April of this year I decided to sit down and instruct myself formally on guitar. My current goal is to learn how to play the solo from Fermented Offal Discharge by Necrophagist. The solo’s much prettier than the name of the song, trust me ;). That goal itself set things in motion, as that solo has sweep/tap/alternate stacked on top of each other and made me notice my faults. And so I’m here in hopes of finding a mechanic or two that will elevate my playing past bedroom guitarist.

Thanks for reading, see you around the forum!

2 Likes

Thanks for joining!

I looked this up. Don’t really know the band, but with a name like that, a song name like that, and an album called “Onset of Putrefaction”, I have to give them credit. That’s what show biz types would call really committing to the bit.

Indeed it’s a more melodic solo than you’d expect, and solid player. Any other recommendations from the work for us to look at, put them here.

2 Likes

That’s what show biz types would call really committing to the bit.

Truly, Death Metal guys get inventive when you’re up against bands like “Cannibal Corpse” and “Dying Fetus”.

Indeed it’s a more melodic solo than you’d expect, and solid player. Any other recommendations from the work for us to look at, put them here.

Muhammed Suicmez is the man, he does the vocals and plays like that, a real (cookie)monster of a player.

Most of their songs have notable solos, the most interesting (to me) are found in
“Only Ash Remains”, that one starts at about 1m50s, the other is found in “Advanced Corpse Tumor”, and that one starts in at about 2m20s.