I want stephen taranto on cracking the code so badly!

I mean, what the hell.

The lines he plays are so complex, so musical. The note choice is only ever meaningful.

His technique is perfect. Wouldn’t it be so awesome if Troy dissected his technique?

Taranto is def an excellent player with a flawless technique. I’m not sure there’s much that differentiates him mechanically from a player like Gambale though (Downstroke escapes in single note lines, lots of upstroke sweeping/economy). What would you hope to learn from a technique “dissection”?

1 Like

He seems like a super nice dude and his lines are really cool, I dig the writing style. We’d be happy to talk to him. But I won’t be in Australia any time soon though, and the future of air travel is iffy with everything that’s going on. So hold that thought.

In the mean time, his technique looks very similar to Al Di Meola’s and Andy Wood’s. I’m pretty sure the core motion he’s making is this one here:

Have you checked this out yet? If not, give it a shot. If you can’t do this motion, which one can you do? As usual, you’ll get the best results by starting with whichever motion you can do right now that’s smooth and fast.

2 Likes

he has great tone too, i wonder what his rig looks like

1 Like

oh really? neat, ill have to look more into frank gambales technique then! what i would to be dissected are his picking motions, patterns, similar to the martin miller video.

sick thank you ! wrist motion is what i use so ill definitely go over this section in the primer again!

Was literally about to make a post about him then saw this. Totally agree with you. He is other worldly. For my tastes, him and Keith Whalen are at the top of the Instagram shredders, then there’s everyone else.

1 Like

Any time I see Stephen’s name my brain says “Stephen Tarantula” lol, has anyone checked he doesn’t actually have 8 fingers?

1 Like

well he is based out of australia LOL

1 Like