I'm Giving It Six Months, Then I Give Up Forever

yeah thats looking pretty decent. I think there might be a tiny stringhop still in there perhaps but I may be wrong. in any case thats a great start and pretty smooth and it will only get better

I’m in my late 50s & picked up the guitar 4 years ago after not playing since high school. I was thinking about selling it all, but I kept beating on the guitars anyway. Then about 3 weeks ago I had a 3 day stretch where notes just kinda flowed, like s switch was flipped. I think at some point I stopped just playing notes & started feeling them, if that makes any sense.

4 Likes

And again, this is not explained or demonstrated in our instructional material yet. It will be soon, in plain English, with very clear instructions for the different combinations of pick grips and picking motions you might choose.

Troy there is any kind of forecast about when this “instructions” are going to be available?

It’s gonna be in the Primer or Masters of Mechanics?

Peace!

Primer, mostly! We’ll have more interviews coming too, and perhaps eventually more “upper level” tutorial stuff, but current top priority is to have the Primer be as comprehensive an “intro to picking” tutorial as we can make it.

We’re rolling out new material in batches, for example this recent series of chapters on Pick Grip. The next one, all about picks and how they work, is almost complete, probably next week or two. We’ll keep adding more sections like this til we’ve covered all the bases!

3 Likes