I'm Mr. Samsa from Portugal. Hello everyone!

Hey! :slight_smile: I’m only starting to post here now, but I’ve had an account on this site for a while and I’ve been watching Troy Grady videos for a couple of years now. I suppose that as many other people around here, I’ve been struggling with my right hand for a while. I guess it’s one of the, if not the, weakest link in my musical endeavours. Not many people can actually speak about technique in this kind of analytical, passionate, detailed, almost obsessive manner, so it follows that I became a fan.

I’ve been playing for about 11 years now, and my goal is to make a career in music as an artist. I didn’t think I’d be using this nickname to post here, as it’s the same name as my artistic name, but I’m too lazy to make a new account, so here we are. But I guess that you can look my name up at Youtube if you’re interested in listening to my music (which I’d be happy if you are). I’m actually working on self-recording my first album right now, and I’m pretty much doing everything on my own, guitar, vocals, bass and drums.

My musical journey has been quite long and varied, since Queen has introduced me to the glorious passion of music. I’ve listened to everything from more guitar-centric music like Van Halen to the alternative likes of Jeff Buckley, to punk, rockabilly, indie, etc., and that’s just on the rock side of things. I don’t really have a lot of musical no-nos, I listen to pretty much all genres. If it’s good, it’s good. If it’s not, I’ll give it a try anyway and I might end up enjoying in the end. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome! I’m from the US and just started here today, been watching Troy’s videos for some time though.