I'm researching about String Tracking!

I’ve discovered some interesting elements about String Tracking, and I’m doing research on them. String Tracking is an involuntary movement, but I think it’s probably better to study it a little bit more.

Is there anything I can refer to or discuss this in detail in advance at CtC or forum?

I will upload this to this Topic whenever I finish new research and organization. It’s my first time doing research myself, so I may be lacking a lot, but please give me a lot of criticism and advice!

I’ve been doing some research on String Tracking for a while and I’m going to share some of the data that I’ve gained from my research (sorry if it’s a topic and content that’s already been discussed! )

Basically, I’ve only studied the on Wrist motion, and I’m going to make more progress in other motions in the future.

First, I’m going to presuppose the concept of Wrist Position.

What is Wrist Position?

Wrist Position means similar to Anchor Point’s position. That is, the position of the wrist that we feel naturally when we hit a certain string, and that’s what we’re doing when playing guitar.

According to this, there will be a total of six Wrist Positions. It’s because there are a total 6 strings on guitar. We can also move our wrists to the appropriate position whenever we move the string.

Wrist’s Access

At least in my case, I felt that the Ulnar Division was more natural and had a wider range of motion than the Radial Division. This range of operations varies from person to person, but I’ll call it Wrist’s Access.

Two Types of Picking

I categorized it into two types of picking types. It changes the wrist position, or it doesn’t change it.

• UnChanged Wrist Position

In this type, the wrist is usually fixed in the position of the low sting (mostly the 6th sting), and it moves the string by changing the angle of the wrist. Because of Wrist’s Access, the wrist is usually more familiar with Ulnar, so this low-stirng fixtation seems to be natural. Therefore, the angle of the wrist is changed to high-string through Ulnar Division to pick.

• Changed Wrist Position

In this type, we use our elbows and shoulders to change the position of the wrist itself. Every time we change strings, we use our elbows and shoulders to move our wrists to the right positions for each string.

• Mixed Wrist Position

And most of them probably use a mix of these two types. It can be different because Wrist’s Access is different from person to person, and I’m also continuing to study it, but one theory is Around One Theory.

Huh? What is Around One?

As mentioned earlier, the wrist shows a large angle of maneuver toward Ulnar, and changing the angle does not affect escape motion and basic picking (it seems to affect edge picking), but in Radial’s case, I felt quite uncomfortable. So, I thought that the low-pitched chord right above the line and the high-pitched chord right below it could only be processed at the angle of the wrist without moving the wrist position, and if it’s out of this range, the same theory applies.

That’s my research so far.

But there’s a lot of problems. How does it actually work, and what happens to Edge Picking? What about the part where you change the peak grip with your fingers?

I will therefore continue to do more research, application, and analysis, and update this Topic. I’m going to make an illustration as well.

Please give us a lot of criticism and feedback. I’m especially concerned about Edge Picking.

Thank you for your kind cooperation!

Sry for my bad English…

There are a lot of awkward parts due to the performance of the translator, but I will fix it soon