I'm the new one!

Hi guys,

My name is Benjamin, I´m from Germany, living near Hannover. I play guitar since 20 years, but still struggeling with technique, especially the alternate picking string shift at high tempo. Now I decided to conquer it, the first discovery of the CTC site is amazing. I thing in the next weeks I will upload an example of my playing in order to get some feedback from you.

My focus is on metal, so it´s more less essential to be able to shred :sweat_smile:
Around March this year I started to look why I can´t do the fast alternate picking. Since I increased really a lot, for example I changed from forearm to wrist. This gave me a lot more speed, but only on one string, when it´s come to a string shift especially outside string shift it is horrible imprecise.

Greetings
Benjamin

3 Likes

Welcome!

I know a guy from hannover who played in Moridigan for a while. The place must have an impressive metal scene, no wonder shred is your goal! :grin:

Thanks,

Yes we have some cool people here.

Welcome to the site!

Hi Benjamin, welcome! Sorry for the delay, missed this earlier while I was out for the holidays. Hope you’re enjoying the site so far and finding everything you’re looking for. Definitely let us know if there’s anything we can help with, and we’ll look forward to seeing a technique example video at some point :slight_smile:

1 Like