Introducing DamagedGoods

I’ve been playing guitar on and off for about 30 years and mostly play blues rock, southern rock and stuff like that. I used to be into fusion as well as progressive and neo-classical metal but have somehow lost my interest in them.

I have no particular problems in my playing bothering me, and having watched the Primer stuff it appears I mostly use elbow DSX for my fast stuff—and I like to use DSX economy a lot, which I haven’t seen too many people do. I’m okay with 3nps runs for up to 240bpm 16th notes.

Lately (for about 2 and a half days) I’ve been experimenting with the three finger grip trailing edge RDT for fun, since the grip is very comfortable to me. Pretty much right out of the gate I got the tremolo to go 270bpm 16ths, but I couldn’t find any way to synchronize the picking with the left hand without changing the picking movement. By randomly messing around I found out that if I flex my right wrist and pick the strings from “below” while maintaining the movement, I for some reason can synchronize my hands, but lose the ability to palm mute. Next I discovered that if I just minimally flex my wrist in the regular three finger grip trailing edge position, I can also synchronize my hands and keep the muting ability, so currently I’m going through a bunch of licks and trying to get them synchronized with my new picking motion. So a big thank you to Troy and everybody else at Cracking the Code for providing me with this cool new toy!

3 Likes