Is it worth upgrading to Guitar Pro 8?

Is it worth upgrading to Guitar Pro 8? It seems they have now added a built in audio slow downer, which is nice. Is there anything else that’s worth upgrading for? I don’t do a lot of transcribing, just basic vocal melodies at the minute, but it looks like it would be handy being able to do everything in Guitar Pro rather than having to switch between Transcribe and Guitar Pro!

1 Like

The game changer for me has been the “picking pattern” command (accessible via a sort of secret menu that comes out when you press CMD+E).

This allows you to input long sequences of pickstrokes (e.g. alternate, DDU, DUDDUD, etc.) with only a few key presses.

Little hack for transcribing audio: pan the audio track 100% left and the tab track 100% right, it will be easy to assess if they’re the same or not.

6 Likes

Thanks Tommo. Has the audio player meant you dont need to use Transcribe app anymore?

EDIT: I bought it and it’s pretty good. I love the audio player - big game changer for me.

1 Like

Wow, I didn’t know about the “picking pattern” command or the secret menu. Thanks, Tommo.

I’m happy with Guitar Pro 8. Most of songwriting ideas start there. It’s easy to lay down a few measures, have them repeat, and figure out what to do next. ;o)

2 Likes