Jacky Vincent Technique

Jacky Vincent is a really interesting player to me, his right hand position specially, looks like some times he uses a two finger grip on the pick and that sort of extended ulnar deviated wrist. He also says he uses a mixture of economy picking and alternate picking, basically that Tom Hess directional picking approach.

Here’s a video with a nice speed picking run to begin with and then some sweeps:

Here he even seems to use directional picking when string skipping, this one has more of a mixture of techniques, but there’s still some cool picking going on:

And here’s just a bunch of shred solos, with some pretty fast sweep arpeggios (at 0:20 there’s something really interesting going on in those arpeggios) and more speed picking runs, some legato and tapping aswell:

Here he explains how he approaches economy picking:

Here’s a good demo of his directional picking, mixing economy picking with alternate:

1 Like

I’m am not a metalcore fan not by a long shot but his power metal side project is good stuff.

1 Like

Personally I’m a fan of both metalcore and power metal, i think his solos are amazing regardless , his way of economy picking with alternate picking is a mystery to me, his fretting hand playing is also very impressive.