Jas Obrecht Channel

If you haven’t subscribed to Jas Obrechts channel yet, you should.

Awesome interviews from back in the day. Jas was an editor for Guitar Player magazine for a couple of decades and talked to all the greats. Highly recommended.

Latest post with Yngwie while he was still in Alcatrazz Yngwie Malmsteen: The Complete 1984 Alcatrazz Interview - Tape 1 - YouTube

6 Likes

“For 8 years I played 9 hours per day.”

I managed I think doing it for around a year when I was 40. This is not possible as an adult :frowning:

1 Like

I know right, even 4 hours/day is too much for me at 50.

1 Like

Brilliant - thanks for the post @ScottyB

According to this interview the Alcatrazz solos were improvised!! Gives further insight into how amazing Yngwie was so young. Incredible.

1 Like

I posted this in another thread but it probably should go here.

Jas Obrecht recently posted another audo interview he did with Yngwie on 1/12/1985.

Parts of the interview were later published in the May 1985 edition of Guitar Player magazine - Yngwie’s first cover story interview in the USA. Has a lot of discussion about the Rising Force album and he also talks a little about trouble with his left hand.

During the interview they mention a show done the night before (that Steve Vai attended) and I beleive it was this one from 1/11/1985. Starts at the guitar solo.