Jason Becker Temple Of The Absurd Riff?

The 3rd video example is how I’m doing it by Bedroom Shredder, as it just feels far more fluid.

Tho is goes by so fast and even slowing down the track, it’s really slurred and hard to make out.

Bedroom Shredder Version I’m playing. Won’t let me post the video properly

I don’t mind if it’s not perfect, tho these two videos have a major difference in how it’s played.

Well, I’ll be no help this time. lol It’s super muddy… I would just try to get something that sounds as close as possible and live with it. I think the sextuplet thing is off, though.

A lot of this album is a bit mysterious - the recording isn’t pristine, there’s little live footage, etc…, and there’s tons of stuff people have tried getting right over the years (like the opening arpeggios to Perpetual Burn) and it’s just not quite what Jason did.

1 Like

Honestly kinda shocking how sick this rhythm part is! Much heavier than I expected (never jammed his stuff).

Are you trying to play the rhythm or the lead part after?

1 Like

Oh wow!! That middle video is with an old teacher from Musicians Institute when I was there. Dude is a beast!

Also, I have the transcription book for this Jason Becker album in pdf form. I don’t know how accurate it is throughout but it seems legit. I think it’s one of those old Japanese full score books. I haven’t looked at in awhile. Any interested?

1 Like

The rythem, if you pay me I’ll learn the lead lol

1 Like

Please post it :metal: I’ve love to see.
Ernesto got a lot got great videos, I never knew he was a teacher in an official position, no wonder he’s so good.

Jason himself even commented on this preformance :open_mouth:

I agree man, I doubt I’m ever going to learn the whole thing. Hammering away in the major scale is my main foucus atm. If I can get whats in my head onto the guitar I’m happy.

1 Like

I tried to post the book but it was too big. It’s almost 20mb, which is tiny but I get it, lol

I can email it.

can you post a screen shot of this track?

WHOA!! This band… That group was fun.

This was recorded a year before my time, but the drummer is the first person I met at MI and we’re still friends to this day! He’s more of an engineer now and has an amazing studio not too far from me. Ernesto records most, if not all, of his stuff there.

1 Like

Hopefully this works and is the correct bit, lol :

!

1 Like

Thank you man, this is really akward
akwrd

I learned the intro to eleven blue Egyptians from his video, I wish he would do the full Jason Becker songs, he stops half way through. Not posted in awhile :frowning:

Gave it a shot (at least the “hard” part on repeat); good workout!

2 Likes

@Pepepicks66 We spend so much time in awe over the leads on these albums/songs we forget how amazing the rhythms are a lot of the time.

2 Likes

Damn you can play so fast. I can’t do the version on just the low E, Would you be able to do one with the E and A strings?

What’s the that version?

This one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUTZn95nNpE&list=LL&t=36s

It won’t let me post the video unless it’s linked to youtube idk why.
Can see him do it on the e and a strings. I think it might be the way it’s acually played as jason does very similar lick in eleven blue egyptians.

@WhammyStarScream Seems easier on the right hand, as it doesn’t go to a faster subdivision. I might try it later!

1 Like

It doesn’t seem very consistent but I think he might have been going for this. Bass plays G-C-F#-B 16th notes there BTW.

temple

1 Like