Jeff Waters from Annihilator

I think this is awesome, he’s playing so tight with a bit of tounge in cheek fun.

3 Likes

Well the song itself is meant to be kind of serious, but if you mean his playing demeanor then yeah, he’s actually actually trying to make really exaggerated visual movements and queues on those off beat hits because he has stated in interviews before that it’s really important aspect of the song. Man I love that song.

2 Likes

This is delightful, but he didn’t do my favorite move with a V, and that is to balance it on one’s right leg. It’s also neat how he said that he plays his own axe and is attentive to cost,

1 Like

For me the most disappointing thing was the image that youtube shows before the video starts made it look like his picking arm was in a cast.

I was expecting to see some stellar playing despite the injury, but there is no injury. It’s just a towel!

Yeah in all seriousness it was really cool and he has some really tasteful melodic phrases. I’m not familiar with Jeff or Annihilator. I’ll have to check out more of their stuff.

1 Like

I would take a listen to the whole Alice in hell album. Honestly it was his best work. The intro Crystal Anne is a really nice piece and has a really cool transition in the middle that just catches you off guard. Jeff isn’t a super flashy player, but what he does do is well composed, and he means every note. He is pretty well regarded with in the thrash circle, although I would say annihilator in general kind of toes the line between thrash and speed metal.

Annihilator is really his pet. It’s just him with revolving musicians.

2 Likes

I have loved Jeff’'s playing since Alice. His leads always have that swing, like Dime and Eddie. He’s so in the pocket and just amazing tone. He really has a great ear for melodies and chords on his mellow stuff too. Love his playing!

1 Like

His thumb up move is so cool lol, I need to learn that. Thats real control with a pick!

His dancing around the pedals is great, I almost fall over trying to hit the pedal n play