Joe Stump & Cesario Filho | Shred Guitar Jam

Some eye watering stuff going on here…

The curves on that red strat are something else!

edit: these guys are mutants… some crazy shitz going down there.

7 Likes

I only discovered Cesario a few weeks ago, and he is ASTOUNDING…I only wish there was more of his insights in english apart from the few subtitled videos on YouTube. For me, he is the epitome of Malmsteen technique…much in the way that Jacob Deraps embodied EVH’s playing.

1 Like

Cesario really does take that torch onwards. He’s getting more savvy with his place in the world and is responding to his international fans, but it’s going to be subtitled.

I have his malmsteen course and there are no subtitles, he speaks a lot and I almost want to learn the language just for a better understanding of some of the theoretical aspects he might be divulging. Mechanically I could ask for nothing more, it’s thorough and very explicit.

I was quite intrigued by Joe Stump’s index finger moving independently of his hand. I’m quite familiar with the elbow, wrist and thumb action but I think this index motion is a new one for me.

This track was an excellent expose of this type of art, there is so much value in this “Now your ships are burnt” vamp, Yngwie’s early pre LA bootleg recording really indicates how much time he may have spent on these groves in his basement studio in Sweden.

edit:

:face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

This is some of the best playing in the neoclassical genre… period. Joe, is a flawless player, and really has a unique vocabulary that’s all his own. He seems limitless in his tools of expression.
Cesario is fantastic. He’s going to start doing more videos in english.

two of the very best… ever!

2 Likes