Just another guy with a Guitar

Where are you in your guitar journey? been playing for about 50 years , bedroom but before that 70 rock band.

• How many years have you been playing? 50
  • What musical genres are you interested in? Soft rock blues, some hard rock , no death metal or dark metal stuff
  • Particular things you’re excited to learn / talk about here? learn how to move that plastic thing in my hand. Learn my scales ( finally) then play over some chords progressions. you can consider your self a pretty good player and yet know nothing about music in theory. Well time to grow up musically.

How have you gone about learning guitar so far? good old Ear drum :slight_smile:

• Self-taught? Regular lessons with a teacher? Both? Self…
  • Have you spent much time on technique before finding our stuff? nope.
  • What Cracking the Code material have you watched? All 12 Videos , and season 1.
  • Can you comfortably play a scale? At roughly what speed? Not at all, stumble on the frets in any scales , which i don’t have a handle on yet. so 50 waisted years when i should have memorized all the basic needed scales. Major / minor/ penta.
  • Any particular things you find yourself stuck on? Alternate picking , need structure and direction.
    Thanks yall.
    DedFingers.
4 Likes

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Let us know if there’s anything in particular you’d like us to help you with, and enjoy!

1 Like

Welcome!

There is lots of gold here to help you get that little plastic thing working for you!

1 Like

hi tommo, kind of need some one to direct me into relearning the scales and in what order, but why practice dozens of scales with a bad picking pattern to begin, so why not start the right way…
want to get the Cell phone grip. :slight_smile: probably the best thing i could ever invest in !!! then you guys can analyze the patterns / mistakes and take it from there…
Graham Floyd (Guitar Teaching Professor in London Ontario) wants to teach me but its 100$ per / mth
he sent me here, but i dont have that kind of money right now.
At the moment im learning all the notes on the fretboard. i need to get going on Alternate picking properly.
If any one wants to take me under there wings for now just to kickstart me, i will work hard at my lessons. Where do i post next , from introduce yourself.?
Mitch.

Thanks, JP, hard to beleeve i have been picking flat for 45 years. Erggg.
Time to start over, :slight_smile: