Just finished Volcano Seminar and

I just finished the Volcano Seminar and wanted to share whith you guy my progress. I was never a shredder and despite playing things like Led Zepp or Hendrix I always liked guitar players like Randy Rhoads, EVH and Malmsteen.

After a long period playing Rock based in Blues I felt that I needed to bring something fresh to my sound and I started seaching something else. It was when i found CTC.

I studied a exemple at time, always trying to achieve 9nps (something chalenge to me but no impossible) and when I got that speed I improvised for some days using the lick that I just learned.
Sometimes was necessary to change the original idea a little bit to fit my style but I think it’s cool to do that.

I don’t know if people realize but Volcano isn’t about just technique. It’s also about Yngwie’s style. Following the examples order and estudying everything openned my mind about how can I use scales, arpeggios, etc…

I made this video to register this point of my development. It isn’t perfect , but I think it’s cool.

Next step… Cascade.

Thank you Troy and CTC team
Thank you everybody who read it

P.S I hope you understand me couse Im not very confident about my English (I’m from Brasil)

6 Likes

Hey neighbor, Pauly over here visiting in Ecuador.

Sounds good, but if it were me I’d stick with mastering the Volcano seminar a while longer. If you start Cascades too soon that may diminsh everything you’ve learned and worked hard for from the Volcano seminar. I’d start Volcano all over again just to master the techniques again. I noticed you’re in a rush rather than letting the notes complete. Just by starting from scratch things will “click” in a lot more. But other than that looks like you’ve put a lot of hard work in. I like what you’re doing keep up the great work!

2 Likes

Thanks Pauly,

I thougth about what you advised me and I decided keep praticing the Volcano stuff longer. The best thing about these Seminars is that every time I take the guitar I discover new possibilities combining those mechanics, fretboard visualization etc…
At this moment I’m using the firsts Cascade’s chunks as warm up exercises and practcing Volcano to get more precision.

Next step I’ll try to incorporate Cascade’s ideas to my playing whithout abandoning what I’ve already learned but mixing it together.

2 Likes